Abrasive Media Blaster
We are currently looking to fill a position for an abrasive media blaster at our Calgary facility. We do not use silica sand in our blast facility, so the term sandblasting in not accurate for our operation, but the work involved is basically the same. We have a modern blast booth facility with booth air dust collector, media reclaimer, well lit work area, etc.
Fleet Works is a repair and paint facility specializing in fleet vehicles, commercial vehicles, and specialized equipment. We offer collision repair, refinishing, abrasive media blasting, other repair, and installation services to our business customers in the Southern Alberta area. We have moved into our new larger facility, and are looking for quality people to grow with us.
- Completion of assignments for blasting of projects within our modern blast booth facility in a silica free environment.
- Tasks include cleaning, masking, minor disassembly, set up for blasting, blasting to required standard, unmasking, media reclaiming, blast equipment and facility maintenance, etc.
- Supply basic tools required for completion of the tasks. The company supplies specialized tools.
- Be organized and complete the tasks of the assigned project.
- Make a conscious effort for the completion of tasks according to the schedule set out which may require the need to work overtime.
- Maintain a good work attitude and cooperate with managers and fellow employees in a positive spirit of teamwork.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Prior abrasive media blasting experience would be beneficial.
- Prior experience blasting in a fleet vehicle and commercial equipment environment would be ideal.
- Be able to work independently without constant supervision within a team environment.
Position Characteristics and Workplace Factors:
- General Physical Skills Carrying, Lifting – 50 lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively
- Exposure to the following elements:
- Dirt, Dust
- Chemicals / Toxins
- Heat / cold
To Apply, Send Resume by:
- email: Use our contact form.
- fax: 403-236-9360
- mail: 9230 51 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2C 2R4