Commercial Vehicle Refinisher / Painter
We are currently looking to fill a position for commercial & fleet refinishing at our Calgary facility. We need a painter who is familiar with refinishing fleet vehicles, commercial trucks, truck bodies, and/or specialized equipment. The main products used are PPG Delfleet, PPG CPC, and Endura EX-2C.
Fleet Works is a repair and paint facility specializing in fleet vehicles, commercial vehicles, and specialized equipment. We offer collision repair, auto body, refinishing, frame repairs, abrasive media blasting, other repair, and installation services to our business customers in the Southern Alberta area. We have moved into our new larger facility, and are looking for quality people to grow with us.
- Complete work assignments following company guidelines and supplier specifications to meet our customer requirements.
- Be organized and accountable for the proper completion of projects.
- Inspection of projects prior to refinishing to ensure all prep and repair work is complete.
- Refinishing operations including cleaning, masking, prepping, application of paint materials, etc.
- Detailing of paint work including unmasking, inspection, touch ups, buffing, minor reassembly, etc.
- Supplying the basic tools required to complete the tasks. The company supplies specialized tools, paint application equipment guns, pots, etc.
- Support the timeline objectives of the company which may require the working of overtime to complete projects on time.
- Maintain a good work attitude and cooperate with managers and fellow employees in a positive spirit of teamwork.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with the following products would be beneficial:
- PPG Delfleet line of products - Evolution and Essential, single stage and base clear
- PPG Commercial Performance line of products: CRE-321 primer, AUE topcoats
- Endura EX-2C polyurethane topcoats and epoxy primers
- An automotive refinishing certificate would be beneficial, but not required. We will train and support enrollment in the apprenticeship program for those wanting to upgrade.
Position Characteristics and Workplace Factors:
- General Physical Skills Carrying, Lifting – 50 lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively
- Repetitive motion
- On the job exposureto the following elements:
- Dirt, Dust
- Chemicals / Toxins
- Heat / cold
To Apply, Send Resume by:
- email: Use our contact form
- fax: 403-236-9360
- mail: 9230 51 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2C 2R4